LOCAL & REGIONAL ACTIVITIES
If you're looking for a jam packed vacation with shopping & entertainment and lots of things to do, then keep looking! Neskowin is known for being low key and simply a great place to chill with amazing scenery. Commercial development in Neskowin has purposefully been limited to maintain the village vibe that so many people have fallen in love with. There is no main street with tourist shops, but if you'd like to check those out then they are available within a short drive to Pacific City or Lincoln City - Neskowin is right in the middle and truly the best of both worlds!
- NESKOWIN TRADING COMPANY is our local market. Buy local! They have a deli, ice cream, take & bake pizza, wine, and basic groceries.
- CAFE ON HAWK CREEK is a popular restaurant & can be very busy, especially on weekends. Call ahead to see how busy they are, or order a pizza to go. The restaurant is a short walk along the river path. 503-392-4400.
- VILLAGE SCOOP is our local ice cream truck right next to the cafe.
- CREEK - Breakers End is between the ocean & creek, which come together at Proposal Rock. Creek access is opposite direction from the beach and a very short walk from the cottage. The path to Hawk Creek is east along Carlton just past the home across from our parking area. The path to the ocean is west along Carlton just up our front steps.
- PROPOSAL ROCK is very close to Breakers End! The beach access along Carlton (front of our cottage) is the closest public access to Proposal Rock. During lower tides it is accessible for climbing via steep trails. You may spot a bald eagle up there! Keep an eye on the tide - visitors have gotten stuck on Proposal Rock because it can be difficult to come back across the creek during high tide.
- NESKOWIN FARMERS MARKET is on Saturdays during the summer - a great collection of regional goodies for sale. Keep an eye out for details on time & location.
- GHOST FOREST is great to explore on the far (south) side of Proposal Rock at low tide. Walk among the ancient Sitka Spruce stumps that were preserved in sand for hundreds of years.
- VILLAGE - Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the village where the streets are sidewalks. During the summer many cottages have amazingly colorful gardens.
- NESKOWIN STATE BEACH is where we spend most of our time - just grab a couple beach chairs and some toys for the kids and take in the view!
- NESKOWIN BEACH GOLF COURSE is located at the opposite end of the village - They have many activities in addition to golf, which is available seasonally due to the golf course being located on a natural marsh.
- PELICAN BREWING COMPANY - Pacific City - local brewery overlooking Haystack Rock in Pacific City
- PACIFIC COAST CANDY - Pacific City
- LUCKY BEACH BOUTIQUE - Pacific City
- KYLLO'S AT THE BEACH - Lincoln City seafood restaurant
- OLD LINE LANES & KITCHEN - vintage bowling in Lincoln City
- TIDEPOOL SPA & WELLNESS - Headlands Lodge in Pacific City
- OREGON COAST AQUARIUM - Newport (1 hr drive) - great for a day trip from Neskowin
- CAPE KIWANDA - sand dunes & Dory Boat launching in Pacific City
- DEPOE BAY - the whale watching capital of Oregon
- YAQUINA HEAD LIGHTHOUSE
- BARNACLE BILL'S SEAFOOD - roadside fresh seafood market in Lincoln City - don't let the dingy roadside storefront fool you - this is the best local selection of fresh seafood & where we buy our seafood at the coast - cash only!
- NETARTS - popular for crabbing & clamming
- TILLAMOOK CREAMERY - ice cream & cheese galore! Take a tour of the newly updated factory.
- SAFEWAY in Lincoln City (not an "attraction" per se, but good to know it's the largest traditional grocery store located in Lincoln City about a 20 minute drive from Neskowin).
- EVERGREEN AVIATION & SPACE MUSEUM - located approximately halfway between Portland and Breakers End, it's a fun stop along the way in McMinnville. The museum is home to the famous Spruce Goose.
- WINGS & WAVES WATERPARK - located next to Evergreen Museum this indoor water park has a wave pool & waterslides.